Table of Contents
What is a Hair Tattoo ?
Scalp micropigmentation, also known as a hair tattoo, has recently gained a lot of popularity; it benefits both men and women, especially those who experience hair loss or thinning hair. It serves as a method of concealing bald spots on the head, primarily the hairline in men and the crown in women. Even though there are several techniques to stop hair loss, this approach is regarded as a long-term, cost-efficient, and successful one.
Hair tattoo imitates the appearance of the hair follicle by using small needles filled with natural colour. The work is transparent, painless, and effective. Hair tattoo is a growingly standard solution for people who want to hide scars, cover bald spots, or thicken their hair.
Hair tattoos can give the appearance that you have more hair on your head. Impressive results are achieved by expertly placing tiny dots throughout your scalp to mimic genuine, little hair follicles. And many people think that hair tattoo is the best non-invasive treatment for baldness or thinning hair.
How does scalp micropigmentation work?
When you go for hair tattoo, the upper dermis of your scalp is inked with hundreds or even thousands of tiny colour deposits. Hair tattoos, also known as scalp micropigmentation (SMP), require unique training and tools to produce excellent results.
Although it’s called a hair tattoo, it is not like conventional tattoos on the arms or legs. When performing the tattoo, an SMP specialist utilizes a specialized microneedle that naturally matches the colour and pigment of your scalp to simulate a closely shaven scalp. These tattoos could be specifically designed to hide bald areas or disguise receding hairlines.
Because they penetrate the skin differently than regular tattoos, hair tattoo also calls for a different kind of ink. Both SMP artists and dermatologists are qualified to tattoo your hair.
If you’re entirely bald, can you still have SMP?
Hair tattoo doesn’t require any pre-existing hair. They are an excellent alternative for both men and women who have lost a lot of hair or are struggling with a noticeable receding hairline. They can also be an excellent option for persons who are entirely bald, providing the look of a “buzz-cut” hairdo.
Can you use a hair tattoo to cover scars?
Hair tattoo can indeed be used to hide scars. Effective treatment for hair loss may involve a hair transplant. However, based on your operation, you can also have some visible scarring as a result. Follicular Hair Transplant (FUT) is the hair loss procedure with the highest risk of leaving scars. To harvest hair follicles, a surgeon will do this by removing a strip of skin from the back of your head. Along your scalp, this intrusive operation frequently leaves visible scars. A lot of people let their hair grow long to hide these scars. However, a hair tattoo can cover up and conceal these scars, providing you the choice to wear your hair short if you so desire.
Advantages of a hair tattoo
- Strategically placed hair tattoos can provide volume and depth to places where hair is thinning and cover bald spots to give the appearance of a full head.
- Cost: Small hair tattoo may be less expensive than other procedures, depending on the severity of your hair loss.
- Excellent appearance from a distance: Scalp tattoo produces a result that appears natural from afar. The presence of a tattoo is difficult to detect.
- Results that last: Compared to similar procedures like wearing wigs or hairpieces, hair tattoo can last up to 5 years and requires less upkeep.
- Nearly painless: This is usually less uncomfortable than getting a conventional tattoo. Most of the time, a gel will be used to numb your skin first.
- Quick recovery: Your scalp tattoo should heal in about a week. The outcomes will then be apparent.
Disadvantages of a hair tattoo
- Hair tattoo gives the appearance of more hair density, but it does not impact actual hair development.
- The substances used to create the tattoo could cause an adverse reaction in some people. If contaminated equipment is utilized, their scalp could become infected as well.
- Even though a hair tattoo can last up to 8 years, some people may need retouching treatments in the future.
- Hair tattoos look good from a distance. People might be able to observe the tattooing up close if the technician isn’t as skilled. However, even up close, a hair tattoo can look very realistic if done by a good smp technician.
Cost of a hair tattoo
Cost is one of the variables influencing whether or not to get a hair tattoo. The size of the treatment region and the degree of your hair loss may affect how much it costs. And also, The qualifications and standing of your practitioner. If you are interested in a free quote, please visit https://hairtattoo.ca
FAQs on a hair tattoo
- Is it safe to get a scalp tattoo?
Scalp micropigmentation is regarded as safe, much like a tattoo. The FDA has indicated that it views SMP ink as cosmetic and that there is “a lack of evidence” to support any adverse consequences of the ink. You will therefore be in good hands if you go to a physician who is knowledgeable about this treatment.
- Can I get my bald place tattooed?
Yes, to answer briefly. Any degree of thinning can be treated with scalp micropigmentation, and even if you only have one (or a few) bald spots, the procedure can give the appearance that you have more hair below.
- What Are the Risks of a hair tattoo?
Suppose you’re working with a skilled professional. In that case, there aren’t many hazards associated with the operation itself, but you should let your artist know if you have any underlying skin diseases that could impact your scalps, such as severe dandruff or heavy psoriasis. This might not be appropriate for you, depending on your situation.
Hair tattoos are a great and tried-and-true way to deal with scalp scars, pattern baldness, rescinding or patchy hair, and more. Visit: scalp micropigmentation Toronto to book a free online consultation.
Comments are closed.